Thursday, May 24, 2007

...Self, today, you should join a gym.

I was told that I should make a blog. I thought this was an amusing idea (shout out tfast), until I told Meg and she replied with "I'll read it." Yeah, lets see how long this lasts...

Yesterday I decided that if I walked all the way to the Ipod store I could buy an Ipod shuffle. I wasn't sure how far I had to go, just that the IPOD store is clear, and at 797 5th Ave. So, I set out on my adventure (starting at 34th, 5th ave). I got distracted by Bryant Park and the New York Public library for approximately 1 hour. However, back on track, almost 30 blocks later I reached the Ipod store and secured my brand new green ipod shuffle. Look how cute it is. So now that I was all the way up 5th by the Plaza (see plazaresidences.com), central park was calling my name. At some point, while I was debating whether or not to pay 10 dollars to enter the central park zoo, I realized I was approximately 40 blocks away, and uninterested in riding the subway. (I decided against visiting the zoo alone, though the unlimited pass at $70+ dollars was tempting. But then, seriously, how much would I go to a zoo that has like 5 exhibits. Negative.) So I leisurely strolled some 25 blocks back towards my lovely residence (pictured next to the empire state building), until I ran into a graduation ceremony, which caused me to veer approximately 3 blocks off course, but the detour allowed me to purchase fruit for dinner... which is always exciting.

Tonight, in addition to encourage me to start a blog, Meg told me I could never live alone. I feel this is an accurate assertion as it leads to me walking 5 miles and more recently, today, joining a gym (the thing on my key ring loudly shouts in a bold font "GO TO THE GYM" - - I think they meant it to be encouraging, but instead, I kinda want to take it off my keys. But then I'd lose it, and that'd be annoying). I think I need a pet. Preferably a small dog. I dislike cats. I should add that to my list at the right, but that's a lot of work, so just remember - no cats.

So anyway, my big new york city adventure is postponed tomorrow around noon because I'm going to Maryland for the weekend. Nothing like crab cakes and soccer games to celebrate memorial day.

It's rather strange to realize I'm going to miss my doorman and the crazy tourists that constantly take pictures of the empire blocking my path to ... everywhere. Ahh, sweet city. Ps. New Maroon 5 Cd = 4.5 stars, Download: "Can't Stop"

No comments: