Sunday, November 13, 2011

...is your brain made out of mush?


I'm turning into an old woman. Already! I have started making lists to remind myself of things I need to buy. Currently on my list: slippers, rubber gloves, face wipes, milk and... damn I don't have the list in front of me and I can't remember anything else on it.

It's been a long time since I updated, but I've decided I'm going to work on being better about that. I have a lot to say. At least I can provide commentary and maybe help someone who is newly diagnosed.

Next week, assuming my platelets cooperate, is chemo week. I do 5 days on, 23 days off. I was supposed to be on Temodar last week but my platelets were too low (34,000!).

Advice of the day: Get a good wig. It makes you feel like a super star. Human hair makes all the difference. I have two, Annabelle and Sasha. I love them as much as you can love an object that represents what you're going through.

Ps. this summer when I was home for radiation, I painted that table in my picture lime green!

No comments: