Saturday, July 9, 2011

...I can see a lot of life in you.

(title is from "The Dress Looks Nice On You" - Sufjan Stevens)


This is my everyday. We drive 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to radiation, including crossing the GW bridge (view of New York City). Radiation isn't too bad so far, but my hair is expected to fall out starting next week. It is supposed to fall out in patches wherever the radiation enters and leaves my brain. I almost wish the entire thing was going to fall out as opposed to having to buzz it and have some "good spots" and other bald spots. Either way, this is traumatic. I am not prepared. 

Telling me "It will grow back" doesn't help. I know it will grow back. But it will grow back at different speeds, in different textures. And like I've said, what if I die before it grows back! I know it's morbid but I don't want to think that I would never have my real hair again. 


Last weekend we went to see Wicked (which was amazing). We ate a Japanese restaurant first and they had this awesome fish wall. You could see through it to the reception counter of the hotel next door. 


Next month I am moving into my new apartment (see above!) It is prime east village location and I could not be more excited. It's also only 2 blocks from my gym so I can definitely lose all my steroid weight (decadron, I hate you). 

Overall, things are good. I am about 1/3 through treatment... 

Keep Calm & Carry On
Emily



No comments: